Deal with Karimeen Pollichathu in year. Karimeen Pollichathu is one of Kerala's traditional delicacies. Karimeen pollichathu (pearl spot) is one of the "star" foods of Kerala, marinated pearl fish is wrapped in banana leaf and grilled resulting in. Kerala Karimeen Pollichathu is a 'star' dish very popular in top rated hotels and restaurants. A favorite delicacy in Kerala cuisine, Kerala Karimeen Pollichathu always makes you crave for more. Clean the karimeen fishes very well and drain them well till dry.
Slice the onions, ginger , garlic and green chillies into. KARIMEEN POLLICHATHU KERALA SPECIAL KARIMEEN POLLICHATHU #SumisKitchen #KeralaRecipeVideos #KarimeenPollichathu to see more : SUBSCRIBE NOW. Karimeen Pollichathu is a delicious fish fry recipe which belongs to the South Indian cuisine. You see to steaming brew Karimeen Pollichathu adopting 19 instructions as well as 10 and. Here is how you attain.
ingredients of Karimeen Pollichathu
- This 5 of Karimeen / Pearl Spot.
- use 250 gms of Shallots.
- add 5-6 or as per your taste of Green chillies.
- add 3 chopped of Tomato.
- use 2 inches chopped of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 large pods of Garlic.
- use 1 cup of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- use 2 tbsps of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- also 1 tbsp of Pepper powder.
- also to taste of Salt.
- give 2 tbsp + 2 tbsps of Coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of For Marination : Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- also 1 tsp of Pepper powder.
- add 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- This to taste of Salt.
If you love fish then, this recipe is a must-try for you! This South Indian fish recipe will surely take your food. Karimeen Pollichathu is intensely flavored and delicately prepared. It is considered a specialty because the fish is very rare and expensive.
Karimeen Pollichathu technique
- In a bowl add all the marination ingredients and make a smooth paste. Take the fish and apply the paste all over the fish. Keep aside marinated for few minutes..
- Chop the shallots, green chillies, ginger, garlic finely. I used a hand chopper to finely chop them. Remove and keep aside. Finely chop the tomatoes too separately..
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp coconut oil. Layer the fishes and pan sear both sides of the fish for 3-5 mins..
- Take the banana leaf and show in the flame for few seconds and let it wilt. But be careful not to show for long else it will burn..
- In a pan heat 2 tbsps coconut oil. Add the chopped shallots, green chillies, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and saute for 2 – 3 mins. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy..
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and saute for 2 mins. Tune off the heat. Add lemon juice and give a quick stir..
- Now take a banana leaf and spoon some masala and spread it. Layer the fish and spoon again some masala and cover the fish with the masala. Wrap the fish with the banana leaf and tie it with the a string. Make ready all the fish in same process..
- In a pan heat remaining coconut oil and lay the wrapped fish in single layer..
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 mins each on both sides over low-medium heat..
- Remove, unwrap, squeeze more lemon juice and serve with onion rings, tomato slices and green chillies..
Marinated in spices, then wrapped in banana leaf and. Karimeen pollichathu (pearl spot) is one of the "star" foods of Kerala, marinated pearl This is how I made karimeen pollichathu. Serves: One Karimeen Pollichathu (Kerala Style), Meen Pollichathu. Karimeen Pollichathu is a yummy recipe in which fish is cooked along with coconut milk. Learn how to make/prepare Karimeen Polichathu by following this easy recipe.